Tuesday 4 November 2014

Weave Believe...Or Not

The title may be slightly misleading. I was told it was not a weave that I had, but crotchet braids. However, it was close enough. Too close in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, crotchet braids are amazeballs...in theory...all of your hair tucked away, getting it's growth on, not having to comb/style your hair everyday, what could be better? I even like them on other people. That's the reason I decided to put them in in the first place, a couple friends of mine rocking the supercalifragilisticexpealidocious-ness out of those crochet braids. I also thought they would look quite real, and although some people did get the proverbial wool pulled over their eyes, I did not fall into that category. I had big plans for these crotchet braids; they would remain in my hair for one month (all in the name of length retention), but when I saw the finished product I knew immediately I could not keep all of that hair in for an entire month, so the time frame was cut down by one week. All I had to do was survive three weeks, but even that I could not do. That thing was out exactly two weeks and two days after it was installed. I've been told I'm the 'anti-weave-ist' and I made the hair worse than it actually was in my mind. I cannot say that I disagree. In my opinion it simply doesn't matter if everyone thinks your new hair (I use the words 'your' and 'hair' loosely) looks gorg! as long its not 'you' you won't be comfortable. And that was the case with me. If anyone asks I would definitely recommend crotchet braids...once they believe in their weave.

So Much Hair!!!

All curled up


The last day...thought I'd style it up






No comments:

Post a Comment