Monday 31 March 2014

Wash Day = Stress Day

Washing day for a natural can be quite the ordeal...at least it is for me. I remember days when if I washed my hair I wasn't going anywhere for the rest of that day...and quite possibly the next one as well. Although I've learnt to better manage my hair since those dark days it is still quite a task. Co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing are terms that have become regulars in my 'hair-cabulary'. Eventhough these various processes have significantly lengthened the pre-styling stage, they have definitely made styling easier and has made that 50/50 love/hate relationship I have with my hair into something more of an 80/20 ratio. I've also grown to embrace the shrinkage that comes with wetting natural hair, and though I am yet to master...well let's be honest....come vaguely close to a wash and go (doubt I will ever achieve this natural style) I have found my go to style for very recently washed hair. Some people call it the Ellen White reincarnated (really....they've actually told me this), but I love it anyway.

                                                                 The Shrinkage Struggle


                                                       Throw back do...ode to the oldies


To all my natural sistahs out there we know the struggle is real, but keep the faith and the oils, and the shea butter...LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Though men's shrinkage struggle is somewhat different from yours i think i can identify a bit. but is the ode to the oldies the only style for recently washed hair, i mean what if some ppl dont like that style and have similar problems (not everyone wants to look like sis. Ellen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly is not...that's simply my preference. There is the option of that elusive (to me at least) wash and go, I somtimes put my hair in various sizes of twists which can be worn down or styled andthere is also the option of a head scarf...very trendy and easy

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete