Thursday 1 May 2014

Farewell April

April is over?!?! When did that happen???...just the other day I was super excited for the BEST MONTH EVER!! now it's gone into eternity...sigh. April is such an awesome month though. When I was younger it was so rare that I'd find someone born in the same month as me. Now I've made so many friends and met so many people born in this amazing month. However, I don't only love April because it is the month of my birth, but also because of the weather and nature. I know in the Caribbean we don't have the season of spring, but I think in April we come pretty close. It's never too hot for extended periods or the rain isn't overbearing. The sun shines and warms the earth, but the rains come soon after just enough to cool it down. I'm fortunate and privileged to live in a valley with a magnificent view of the mountains, and just around April they begin to flourish after a short dry spell. The shades of green present seem endless, punctuated only by the beautiful pouis. The simplicity of these flowering trees are breathtakingly beautiful, and the blanket they form when the flowers fall is equal in it's beauty. Sometimes I just want to stop eveyone from walking on and trampling them so that their beauty can be maintained, but everything has its season and all things must come to an end. I'm thankful that it will not be like this forever. One day true beauty will be eternal.

Photo Credit: Kevin Sammy

Dedicated to my Grandfather....R.I.P. Dove

2 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! Always thought that it looked like cotton candy. I really do think that April is the closet we come to spring. Happy Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never cease to captivate my fascination...Happy day after tuesday to you :)

      Delete